You can decide to withdraw your consent at any time. You can manage your preferences regarding Cookies by modifying them in the designated “Cookie Settings” pop-up tool on our Site or refer to the “How do you manage, control or block cookies?” section for more information.
What are Cookies, web beacons, pixel tags and similar technologies?
A cookie is a small piece of data that our website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. Generally, it contains certain information that is not personally identifiable to you but is used to improve and personalise your web experience. For example, a cookie can include the date and time of visits to the website, the pages viewed, the time spent on the website and the sites visited just before and just after it.
Some of the pages you visit on the Site may also collect information using web beacons, also called pixels, image tags or script tags. They are small files or pieces of code that may be loaded on our Site and they are used in conjunction with cookies.
We also include cookies, pixels, tags and similar technologies provided by third parties. They allow us and these parties to collect the information that you have visited our Site and were interested in certain offers. We use them to manage and monitor our online advertising and aggregate anonymous information relating to trends and movements of users around the Site, user base as a whole, advertising responses, page views, promotion views and purchases made. Such pixel tags may be used to recognise third party cookies and inform us and/or third parties of which advertisement or link brought you to our website, allowing us to measure effectiveness of promotional activities and better target Internet advertisements and efforts in improving our service and Site.
As a result we may display targeted, or interest-based, offers to you based on the products you currently own or have recently viewed and deliver other communication more relevant to you and your interests outside of our Site, on other websites part of the third party’s network.
Types of Cookies, web beacons, tags and similar technologies
The cookies, web beacons, tags and similar technologies can be grouped based on their characteristics or purpose.
Based on length of their expiration period, cookies can be session based or persistent ones.
- Session cookies only last for as long as the session and they expire at the end of your current visit to the Site. They allow us to link your actions during that particular session.
- Persistent cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple visits or sites.
Based on ownership, cookies fall into two categories:
- First-party cookies are those set and managed by Natalya Strings and our Site that is being visited by the user at the time in order to preserve your preferences.
- Third-party cookies are placed in your browser by a domain, and a vendor, that is not the our Site that you are currently visiting. Our Site sets third-party cookies from our analytics and marketing partners and vendors.
Cookies, web beacons, tags and similar technologies, managed by us or third-parties, serve various purposes on our Site. Based on purpose, they can be either essential for the functioning of our Site and Services or enable us with extra functionality such as tracking trends and movements of the users, analysing demographic information, provide performance and analytic data about the Site and serve advertising. Based on the purpose we classify them in the following categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function. They can store your account identifier, ordering status, personalisation or website tracking. They can also be used for technical purposes such as keeping track of your current shopping session and enabling you to proceed to checkout and pay for your order or to save information which has already been entered (for example your region and languages choices), so that we can offer improved and more personalised services, products and other relevant communication tailored to you. Cookies also allow us to fulfil our contractual obligations to third parties and partners if you have made a purchase on our website by following a link from theirs. You cannot manage this type of cookies in our system and to disable them, you’ll need to switch them off across-the-board in your browser settings. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but please note that some parts of the site will not work in this case.
- Analytics cookies: We use analytics services by third parties to collect information about the use of this Site, such as number of visits, pages visited, popularity of certain content. Analytics tools use tracking cookies to recognize your device and compile information about you. They collect information such as what pages you visit and how much time you spend on these pages, the IP address assigned to you, what operating system and web browser you use, and what site you visited prior to visiting our website. If you disable these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor and improve its performance.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies enable our website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting Cookies: Our Site includes marketing cookies provided by third parties. That allows these parties to collect information that you have visited our Site and were interested in certain offers. We also use beacons, tags, click tracking codes and scripts to analyse trends and movements of users around the Site, gather information about user base as a whole, and how we can improve our Services and Site, to provide advertising based on activities and interests and to measure advertising effectiveness. As a result we may display targeted, or interest-tailored offers based on the products you currently own or have recently viewed and deliver other communication more relevant to you and your interests outside of our Site, on other websites part of the third party’s network.
A list of the cookies we use on our Site classified in each category can be found in our designated Cookie Settings tool. For the composition of the list of cookies in each category our Site is scanned with cookie scanning tool regularly to maintain it as accurate as possible.
How do you manage, control or block cookies?
You can manage your preferences regarding Cookies by modifying them in the designated “Cookie Settings” pop-up tool on our website. You can opt-out of each cookie category (except strictly necessary cookies) by clicking on the corresponding category and disabling it.
You can also modify your Cookie preferences directly from your browser. Almost all browsers allow to detect Cookies and block them automatically. Please note that if you disable our website Cookies or Cookies in general in your browser settings, this will prevent Site functionally required cookies and certain sections or features of our Site will not work.
Browser settings are usually found in the ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu. Browser-specific help with cookies can be found in the links below. For further information, we recommend referring to the documentation of your browser.
- Internet Explorer –https://support.microsoft.com/en-GB/kb/278835
- Chrome –https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Firefox –https://support.mozilla.org/en-GB/kb/delete-browsing-search-download-history-firefox
- Safari –https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042?locale=en-GB
- Opera –http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/
Changes to the Cookies Policy
We reserve the right to modify this Cookies Policy at any time. If we decide to change our Cookies Policy, we will post the updates here, on the Legal section on our Site and on any other place we deem appropriate. We reserve the right to amend, update or adapt this Cookies Policy to reflect any changes in the functionality of our Site, legislation or in the interpretation by the relevant data protection laws.
Further questions and contacts